His new book, “The Healing of America: A Global Quest for Better, Cheaper, and Fairer Health Care,” was published this week. But this myth column was published in the Washington Post on Sunday.
Here’s the tease of the five myths. Read the full article to see how he backs up each of the five.
1. It’s all socialized medicine out there.
2. Overseas, care is rationed through limited choices or long lines.
3. Foreign health-care systems are inefficient, bloated bureaucracies.
4. Cost controls stifle innovation.
5. Health insurance has to be cruel.