December 7, 2011
Lessons to improve our reporting on evidence: my talk to MIT Medical Evidence boot camp
Once again this year, the Knight Science Journalism Fellowship program at MIT asked me to speak at their Medical Evidence Boot Camp.
I was particularly humbled to be on the same agenda as these stellar speakers:
- Drs. Steve Woloshin and Lisa Schwartz, Professors of Medicine, Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice at Dartmouth Medical School.
- Dr. Jennifer Croswell of the US Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality
- George J. Annas, J.D., M.P.H., Chair of Health Law, Bioethics & Human Rights Boston University School of Public Health, School of Medicine, and School of Law
- Sidney Wolfe, Director, Health Research Group, Public Citizen
- Barnett (Barry) Kramer, Director, Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute
- John C. Bailar III, M.D., Ph.D., University of Chicago
- Michael Wilkes, M.D., Ph.D. Director of Global Health, Professor of Medicine at the University of California, Davis
- Frank Federico, R.Ph., Linda Kenney, Stephen Pratt, M.D. – Panel Discussion: Medical Error and its Aftermath.
Here are my slides: